Recently I was fortunate enough for a company called Rydale to ask if I would be interested in reviewing a jacket which is part of their new spring collection.
Rydale is a British country side clothing brand that you will see at a lot of the country side shows and especially horse shows.
Of course I was delighted that they had reached out to me and jumped at the opportunity to work with them.
In fact last year at Blair Atholl horse trials we went into and I bought my boyfriend a lovely wax jacket which has become a key part of his country side lewk
The jacket they have sent me is the Askwith Short Riding Coat. To be transparent they did offer me a choice between the shorter or longer styles which are in the new range and I chose the shorter style as that is my preference when I’m at the yard. I have friends which prefer the longer jackets and Rydale have varying lengths in the new range to suit whatever you prefer.
It was delivered very quickly and presented in a lovely box. One of the first things I noticed was the lovely check lining! I also noticed that it is a light jacket which is perfect to have on the yard, especially for the British weather when it can be sunny one minute and raining the next.
- Storm Cuffs – which are elasticated cuffs around your wrists to stop wind and rain.
- There is a hood that can be rolled up and tucked away into the collar.
- The jacket has three pockets, two large pockets on the outside, which can buttoned shut, and one slightly smaller zipped pocket on the inside all of which a roomy enough to at least fit a phone into.
- There are several different colour options (Cherry, Khaki, Navy, Light Grey & Pacific) – I chose the Navy.
- An elastic cord through the back for a flattering pulled in waist
Overall I really like the fit, I find it easy to muck out and ride in which is exactly what it has been designed to do.
From a style aspect I really like the waist ties, these make it flattering jacket and can be adjusted very easily.
For a practicality stand point I really like the storm cuffs as they stop wind and water going up your arms – especially handy when bathing your horse! (We have all been there when washing your horse and you can feel cold water creeping up your arm!)
This is a smart comfortable light weight jacket that retails at £45.00. I have been wearing it regularly around the yard as it is perfect for the spring/summer season.
You can find the complete collection of their new range here.